Friday, May 29, 2015

Me and Him (Part 1)

Since I started my relationship with my husband, I haven't got a chance to write about all the ups and downs we have been through anywhere. I was caught up with my office work and literally had no time for it. When we met new people in our lives, most of them asked quite the same questions. They mostly asked on "how did we know each other", "how did we get together", "how did we end up being married", and other similar questions. 

To answer all of the above questions, I'll dedicate this post to summarize my story with him. I'm just gonna make this post as cool as possible, cause I don't want to sound cheesy or annoyingly romantic. :)

It all began on June 2012 when I came into my client site for the first time. I was a new joiner in my company and just recently graduated from my university. As a new joiner, I was assigned to work under a supervisor, and that supervisor was him. Back then, I did not have any attention towards him, nor did he has any interest in me. That might be because he was still engaged with other woman and I seriously did not consider him to be my guy since I was totally not into a man with a woman. Besides, "love at first sight" or whatsoever was never been in my dictionary. However, my relationship with him was never a supervisor-supervisee kind of relationship, we were more like a best friend relationship - in a professional way of course. 

As days went by, I realized one thing that I was certain of; I felt utterly comfortable talking to him. He was such a nice man with his "famous" humble and smart opinions. I did say famous here because not only me who agreed that his opinions were gentle and humble, but others said the same thing too. 


Two months under his supervision, then on the third month of my employment, I was assigned to switch to another role that forced me to travel a lot. I barely met him and we did not talk much again after that. He was with his life and I was with mine.  

On April 2013, faith brought us back together again to work under the same client and in the same room. He was not my supervisor though, but I was switched back to my previous role and thus, made us on the same team again. We were closed to each other again but this time, it was different. It was not only me who was opened to him with my stories, but he started to talk about his too. At that moment, I knew that he was facing problems with his love-life and he needed someone to talk to. 

I was not a relationship expert since at that time I was never been in a serious relationship, but I remembered myself trying at my best to give any possible opinions I could give. He gave me lots of inputs, and I told myself, I had to treat him the same way he treated me too. 

His story with his love-life did not end up well. They broke up and I was the first to know. I was truly in pain seeing him with his gloomy look - the look that I rarely found in him. I cheered him up, hoping he could be happier in any way. This tragedy was actually making us a lot closer day by day. I kept him company whenever I had the time. But every time I went out with him, I never thought of it as a date, 'cause then again, I was not into him and I was just there as a friend.

On July 2013, we were getting closer and closer. He looked better than he was before and he was back to being the real "him" - the cheerful one. There was a part of me that felt the joy by looking his life back to normal. The happier I got, the stranger my feelings toward him. I felt that my relationship with him was rather a complicated one. We sure were "too close" to be just friends, but we were not an item either.

I was fighting against my own feeling. I did not want to commit that I have a feeling for him and I also did not want to admit that he has feeling for me too. I began to fight with my own feelings when I started to feel that he acted differently towards me. When I knew that his life was better, I was soon trying to pull myself away from him. I pulled myself away because I did not want to hurt myself if things were not going like the way my deep-heart wanted it to be.

(to be continued)

No comments:

Post a Comment

[Review] Hatomugi Skin Conditioner

Gue akhir-akhir ini lagi cinta banget sama produk skincare satu ini. Harganya yang (sangat) terjangkau, hasil yang memuaskan dan mudah did...